Ford Y Block Rocker Assembly
When ford designed.
Ford y block rocker assembly. 1 7 1 ratio individual part 49 399569 1 8 99 ea. The mummert stands are fashioned from light strong billet aluminum and lighter yet stronger than oem ford rocker arm stands. The bottom of the rocker arm shafts has holes drilled in it for oil to pass through. Shown in motors manuals and original ford service manuals and what i ve done if i suspect oiling trouble is take the rocker arm assembly off one side and start the engine and see how much if any oil comes out of the oil.
The shaft stands are identical and will bolt down either way. Y block technical information. 1954 1959 ford and mercury rocker arm shaft part 49 26826 1 edelbrock 77791 rocker arms roller bbc 7 16in. Orient rocker arm assembly.
Find many great new used options and get the best deals for 1957 ford 312 y block rocker rail assy pair ecg6564 b2 high lift 1 54 1 292 at the best online prices at ebay. I am using john mummert s rocker arm stands in concert with ecg rocker arms and hardened rocker shafts for the performance y block build. Rocker arm assembly rebuild one of the troublesome areas of the y block v8 is the rocker arm shaft assemblies. You must be absolutely certain that the oil hole in the shaft aligns with the hole in the stand and is at the bottom when the stands are bolted down.
This information is provided to help y block owners identify the engine or parts they have avoid assembly errors and choose the best parts for their next project. Yet there are those like ted eaton jon kaase and john mummert who have committed their lives to making. When assembling the rocker arm shafts on a y block it is easy to get them in the wrong position. Discussion in the hokey ass message board started by john andy edd.
1 1 product ratings 6 nos 1965 82 ford mercury 170 200 250 valve rocker arms oem c4dz 6564 a. It is amazingly simple to install the rocker arm shafts upside down on a y block. The 272 and 292 engines were introduced in 1955. The proper orientation is for the holes in the rocker arm shafts to face downward toward the cylinder head.
The y block was introduced in 1954 as 239 in ford cars and trucks and 256 in mercury s. The ford y block v 8 was never intended to be a high performance engine in the first place.
- Chevrolet Chevelle Ss Occasion
- 1970 Gmc Jimmy Convertible For Sale
- Chevrolet Equinox 2019 Fuel
- Chevrolet Aveo 2009 Hold Light Flashing
- Bike Rack On Jeep Compass
- Acessorios Ford Transit Connect
- Chevrolet En Queretaro Centro
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab
- Chevrolet A History From 1911
- Alfred Brush Ford Net Worth
- Chevrolet Aveo 2008 Top Model
- 2016 Chevrolet Silverado Ltz Z71
- Chevrolet Corvette Zr1 Exhaust Sound
- Chevrolet Factory Warranty Canada
- 2016 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 Lifted
- 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
- 2016 Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab
- Chevrolet Cruze Diesel Mileage
- 2005 Gmc Envoy Transmission
- 2019 Jeep Compass High Altitude Interior